Who We Are
Founded in 1986, Safe Homes of Orange County is the only private, not-for-profit agency in Orange County, NY dedicated to assisting survivors of domestic violence, teen-dating violence, and human trafficking by providing free and confidential services.
Mission: Safe Homes of Orange County’s mission is to work toward the elimination of intimate partner violence, teen dating violence, and trafficking by providing comprehensive support services to victims and their children, and by increasing public awareness about these issues and encouraging accountability for perpetrators.
Vision: Safe Homes of Orange County envisions being the County’s leading authority and key agent of change for victims, their families, and our community impacted by intimate partner violence violence, teen dating violence, and human trafficking.
- Through our work we strive to exemplify respect, dignity, integrity, professionalism, and a belief in the equality of all human beings;
- We strive to eliminate all forms of oppression through education, valuing diversity, and equality for all;
- We strive to empower all individuals who are impacted by domestic violence, teen dating violence and human trafficking whether it is physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, and/or financial abuse and oppose the use of these tactics as means of control over others;
- We know victims have the right to make decisions based on being fully informed of all of their options and they have the right to be heard and listened to when considering their needs, safety, well-being, while honoring their decisions and in a manner that preserves their dignity;
- We are mindful of the need to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- We reject all oppressive behaviors and stereotypes which are the root causes of domestic and sexual violence;
- We know community education, awareness and outreach are essential to drive and maintain social change and justice.
Trained advocates are available 24/7 to provide support, information and referrals to victims and their families, and community members. Call our crisis hotline at 845.562.5340.
If you are a business, organization, or member of the community and would like additional information on our agency, please call our main office during normal business hours at 845.562.5365 or send an email.
Creating Safety. Reclaiming Equality. Pursuing Justice.
Hope, Anne, and Anna, share their stories of grief and survival, as well as some of their experiences working with Safe Homes. Produced in October 2018 by Meredith Heuer and Michael Arginsky at Atlas Studios in Newburgh, this video also features Safe Homes Executive Director, Kellyann Kostyal-Larrier, and Associate Director, Sarita Green.
** Please note that the content in this video could be triggering. **